Matricaria chamomilla (synonym Matricaria recutita)
For promoting sleep and boosting the function of the immune system, the reported preferred temperature for vaporizing and aromatherapy is 257°F (125°C).
- "A Modern Herbal," Mrs. M. Grieve, 1931, p. 185-188.
- "Tyler's Honest Herbal: A Sensible Guide to the Use of Herbs & Related Remedies," Steven Foster & Varro E. Tyler, Ph.D., MJF Books, New York, 1999.
- "Peterson's Field Guide to Medicinal Plants and Herbs of Eastern and Central North America," Steven Foster & James A. Duke, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, New York, 2014.
- "Handbook of phytochemical constituents of GRAS herbs and other economic plants," James A. Duke, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, 1992.
- "Dr. Duke's Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases," U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, 1992-2016.
Explore our vegetable collections:
[ Artichokes | Asparagus | Beans | Beets | Broccoli | Sorghums | Brussels Sprouts | Cabbage | Cantaloupe | Carrots | Cauliflower | Celery | Collard Greens | Corn | Cucumber | Eggplant | Endives | Gourds | Kale | Kohlrabi | Leeks | Lettuce | Mesclun Mix | Mustard Greens | Okra | Onions | Parsley | Edible Pod Peas | Garden Peas | South Peas | Hot Peppers | Mild Peppers | Pumpkins | Radishes | Rapini | Rhubarb | Salad Greens | Salsify | Summer Squash | Winter Squash | Swiss Chard | Tomatillo | Tomatoes | Dwarf Tomato Project | Turnips | Watermelons ]